This is a Pre-Exercise Screening Tool provided by Fitness Australia. Please be aware that answering "Yes" to any of the following question will require you to speak with a PT Manager directly and/or provide a Doctors "Clearance Certificate" prior to commencing any physical exercise provided at/by Performex Studios Pty Ltd.
1. Has your doctor ever told you that you have a heart condition or have you ever suffered a stroke?
2. Do you ever experience unexplained pains in your chest at rest or during physical activity/exercise?
3. Do you ever feel faint or have spells of dizziness during physical activity/exercise that causes you to lose balance?
4. Have you had an asthma attack requiring immediate medical attention at any time over the last 12 months?
5. If you have diabetes (type I or type II) have you had trouble controlling your blood glucose in the last 3 months?
6. Do you have any diagnosed muscle, bone or joint problems that you have been told could be made worse by participating in physical activity/exercise?
7. Do you have any other medical condition/s that may make it dangerous for you to participate in physical activity/exercise?
IF YOU ANSWERED "YES" to any of the 7 questions, please seek guidance from your GP or appropriate allied health professional prior to undertaking physical activity/exercise.
IF YOU ANSWERED "NO" to all of the 7 questions, and you have no other concerns about your health, you may proceed to undertake light-moderate intensity physical activity/exercise.
This screening tool does not provide advice on a particular matter, nor does it substitute for advice from an appropriately qualified medical professional. No warranty of safety should result from it's use. The screening system in no way guarantees against injury or death. No responsibility or liability whatsoever can be accepted by Exercise and Sports Science Australia, Fitness Australia, Performex Studios Pty Ltd or Sports Medicine Australia for any loss, damage or injury that may arise from any person acting on any statement or information contained in this tool.
I believe that to the best of my knowledge, all of the information I have supplied above is correct.
PS. Not gonna lie... our newsletter is pretty popular. It's filled with training tips, updates on what's new along with online discounts etc. But if you don't want any of this very good gear just un-click this box: Please send me super relevant and interesting stuff!
PPS. This is the first part of your application... the second and final part is payment for your casual access. You can do this at Performex reception.
Shortly after submitting this form you will receive an email which will include the responses you have given to the above questions. Print this out and bring it with you or show it to reception staff when you arrive.